Jeff Schroeder on 9 Mar 2003 01:31:01 -0000

Re: [hosers-talk] ext3 filesystem is funky

At 03:54 PM 3/8/2003, Joel Uckelman wrote:
Thus spake Jeff Schroeder:

> Nope, didn't fsck it yet because I need to unmount it.  Can't unmount it
> unless I reboot (because the kernel uses it). Didn't want to reboot unless
> it was the only way.  I guess I'll do that and see.  Worst case, I'll have
> to remake it.  What's the command to create an ext3 fs again?  I'm used to
> 'mke2fs'.

I'm guessing that you found this already, but in case not:

The -j option tells mke2fs to make a journaled fs (ext3).

I rebooted and ran fsck and it is fixed... but it seems to be growing again. I'm already 8MB out of space, and only 15k is accounted for. There is obviously some problem...

jeff