Jon Stewart on 20 Jun 2002 18:40:03 -0000

Re: [hosers-talk] qmail

> Thus spake "Jon Stewart":
> >
> > 	configure not used
> >
> > 	dylib dies on auto-str
> >
> > 	make qmail: fuck off!
> >

> > I bet Postfix will build...
>
> Huh? Qmail is really easy to build if you read INSTALL.

2 (overarching) problems:

1. MacOS X is funky and presents a mangled FreeBSD 3.X face to the world
(I'm sure there's some way to get shared libs working, but it's no doubt
funky).

2. qmail doesn't use autoconf nor seems to care that it doesn't. Hence
environmental funkiness is not much tolerated.

I didn't read INSTALL, I must admit, but I was following Life with qmail
to the letter.

 ---

I've found MacOS X instructions for Postfix and it's been going well.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx

"and dropping a barbell, he points to the sky, saying 'the sun's not
yellow, it's chicken.'"

			-- Bob Dylan