Jon Stewart on 24 Nov 2001 18:53:02 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: cool

> Are you referring to the one with the pneumatic pumpkin chucker, trebuchet,
> and the target castles? That was a good one. The newer seasons without the
> British guy as a co-host aren't nearly as entertaining, since his
> replacement's being American cuts down on the use of British slang.

I'd never seen the show before; it was revealed yesterday that the
"American" guy is really a Canuck.

I know a pumpkin chucker when I see one, and so when I say artillery
cannon, I mean artillery cannon. The teams built black powder cannons. One
had about a 2.5" diameter, the other one was about 4.5" (it won, despite
probably being the less robust cannon). They had a pro do the wiring and
they all sat in a bunker when they shot them off.

It was cool.

Also built yesterday: monster trucks.

Jon