Jon Stewart on 20 Nov 2001 14:26:30 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: the onslaught begins

> Thus spake "Jon Stewart":
> > KDE 2:
> >
> > 	The "system" font (ie. the one used for menus, buttons, the
> > taskbar, other controls -- NOT for text) in Konqueror is all fucked up --
> > looks like I took a non-True Type font at size 4 and scaled it up to size
> > 12. Any ideas? I've tried mucking around with all of the font stuff I can
> > find, but that's just bound to get me in more trouble, I'm sure.
>
> I know nothing about KDE, sorry Jon.

I'm using KDE 'cuz I want to use KDevelop.

I have bigger problems, though. My video settings are all fucked up in X,
as is my keyboard. My Mac is not particularly well-supported by Linux, so
what you do is boot up the MacOS a little bit, load the video driver into
OpenFirmware, and then have a MacOS extension turn things over to a
ramdisk image on the Mac hard drive which then boots up the real linux
system, transferring control of video over to linux, using the frame
buffer and the OF driver.

Things are a little better now and I've got some info about how to get
things right (I think). I think I need a new monitor, too; I've just got a
14" which only does 640x480 -- not big enough to use KDevelop effectively.

The idea is to use KDevelop for C++ development, have it generate make
files, then to use something called CruiseControl to periodically check
the status of my source files in CVS, and run Ant (of the Jakarta Project)
to pull out the source, run make, run my test suites, and commit changes
to a clean CVS directory if successful, finally logging the status of the
build process and creating a web page using a servlet. I'll need to hack
Ant to run make, but that's relatively easy to do. The goal is to have a
fully-automated build process and mostly automated source code control.

Jon