Joel Uckelman on 14 Nov 2001 00:59:53 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: PCs

Thus spake "Jon Stewart":

> I am not accustomed to buying Wintel PCs. I'd like a system which would
> run the latest MS OS and Linux, and which is dirt cheap. It certainly
> wouldn't be used for multimedia applications. Anyone got any suggestions
> beyond the usual suspects (Dell, Gateway, etc.)?
>

> Jon
> --

Roll your own. Unless stuff has changed drastically since last time I built
a box, there are at least these three advantages:

1. You get to select (and therefore know) exactly what parts are in it.
2. You save a few hundred bucks.
3. As a corollary to 1, you don't pay for crap you don't need/want.

--
J.