Josh on 25 Jan 2003 20:28:01 -0000

Re: [hosers-announce] spam filtering

Joel Uckelman sez:
>Anyone who is using SpamAssassin for mail filtering please let me know.
>I've been testing bogofilter and found that it works significantly better
>than SpamAssassin (fewer false positives), and so I'm considering replacing
>SpamAssassin. Thanks.

I haven't been but if it encourages you to replace spamassassin, then I
can say that I've been getting far more spam in the last 6 months than
I ever have, and I'm actually interested in filtering it now (before
I didn't consider it so much work to just delete). If you're going to
switch software, though, I'll wait and only figure out how to use one
piece of it.

Josh

--
josh blog: http://www.ellipsis.cx/~kortbein/blog/