Joel Uckelman on 7 Aug 2002 00:23:03 -0000

[hosers-announce] Spam Assassin testing

So everyone knows, I'm currently testing Spam Assassin (on my own account).
Unfortunately, I haven't received a single piece of spam since I set it up,
which makes field testing difficult. :)

Once I'm convinced that I've configured everything properly, I'll have it
look at all incoming mail. All mail sent to you will still make its way to
your account, but it will have a few additional headers added by Spam
Assassin, in which it renders an opinion on whether each particular message
is spam. It's easy to write a procmail recipe to do react to these headers.
I'll provide a few examples when this goes site-wide; if you want to do
something with your spam other than filing it into it's own MH folder, tell
me,
and I'll try to concoct a recipe that can do it.

Also, you might want to look at the man page for Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf if
you're interested in writing a custom config file for yourself, e.g., if you
don't consider the ENLARGE YOUR PENIS emails spam. :)

--
J.