Kyle H on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:06:00 -0700 (MST)

[eia] open letter to the Sultan of Turkey

    An open letter delivered to all of the monarchs of Europe and Asia Minor:

    To the Sultan of Turkey,

    Your economic manipulation is causing Turkey to gain undue political influence at the expense of all other European nations.  If Turkey remains on its current course, it will obtain hegemony over all of Europe by the end of 1812!*  We Spaniards refuse to sit idly by while the Infidels dominate all of Christendom!  Obviously, it is not in Spain's interest to declare war on Turkey, as Turkey is Spain's only ally, but if Turkey continues manipulating its economy, Spain will have no choice but to declare war on Turkey in an attempt to prevent it from achieving undisputed leadership of Europe.
    However, we are a peaceful people by nature.  Accordingly, we offer the Turks the following opportunity to avoid war.  If Turkey immediately suspends all manipulation of its economy, Spain will not need to declare war.  However, if Turkey continues manipulating its economy, the nations of Europe will have no choice but to take action against it.  In particular, Spain will declare war against Turkey, and we encourage all other European nations to do the same if Turkey does not relent.  Fair warning has been given.  If Turkey does not immediately halt all economic manipulation, we will be forced declare war (even though it is otherwise not in Spain's interest to do so).
    We fervently hope that Turkey will heed this warning and peace will be maintained.  But if Turkey does not, we call to all the monarchs of Europe to fight to prevent Turkish hegemony.

In deadly earnestness,

Carlos III, King of Spain

* If Turkey continues gaining 10 VPs every economic phase, as it has been doing, it will be able to declare sole victory in Dec. 1812.