MICHAEL P GORMAN on Mon, 14 May 2007 10:44:34 -0700 (MST)

[eia] Second witdrawal check at Bordeaux

Assuming that the Bordeaux garrison is in fact one factor, we bounce out of field combat and over to overwhelming odds rules so the defender being the outnumbered force is given the option to withdraw before battle.  So I guess Britain gets to make a second check to withdraw.

As there is no possible way to get to the overwhelming odds rules without passing through chit choice and withdrawal resolution, there seems to be no way that the withdrawal option in the overwhelming odds rules cannot be an additional opportunity to withdraw after forces are revealed.  Otherwise, there's no way to activate that clause in the rule.