Joel Uckelman on Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:04:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Prussian Economic Phase, 3/07

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     I agree with what Joel writes below.  However, I don't see how one can
> benefit from the effects of Economic Manipulation dependent on manpower when
> you don't have the manpower to sacrifice.  So, I would add that, in the case
> of negative manpower, the effects of economic manipulation are cancelled for
> the duration of that econ phase.
>
> kdh

That would break the symmetry with bankruptcy, then. You definitely can
get the benefit of EM despite being unable to pay the cost of EM due
to bankruptcy. Usually this would happen when EM itself causes you to go
bankrupt, so calling it a "benefit" is dubious; nonethless, the point is
that EM still occurs when you can't pay for it, so I see no reason why
it shouldn't also occur when you lack the manpower.

--
J.