Bill Jaffe on Sun, 18 Mar 2007 03:32:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Prussian Economic Phase, 3/07

I'm for this not causing bankruptcy, or civil disorder.

Bill Jaffe
Wargaming since Tactics (1958), and playing 18xx since 1829
billj@xxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J.J.
Young
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:08 AM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] Prussian Economic Phase, 3/07

Do others agree that having negative manpower would trigger bankruptcy ?  Or

is it just the same as having zero manpower with no additional penalty ?  Or

do you simply lose as much as you are able, and then get no political
benefit from the manipulation ?

On a separate but related rules question...

Yes, I know that if we weren't using option 11.9.1.2, a country would
otherwise go into Civil Disorder if it could "collect" no home nation
manpower.  But Economic Manipulation seems to be a separate step from the
Money/Manpower Collection step.  Also, the rules for Civil Disorder seem to
take no other possible cause into account except occupation by an enemy.  So

can Civil Disorder (or, with the option we are using, mandatory
Unconditional Surrender) be triggered by your own Economic Manipulation ?

-JJY