Michael Gorman on Thu, 31 Aug 2006 07:51:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Assault on Leopoldstadt

At 09:36 AM 8/31/2006, you wrote:
>Um, we surrender to the Grand combined army? 2 Inf and 1 Cav
>Question, does the fact that Prussians are present affect the ability to
>siege, and/or Prussia's ability to use unused MPs in their turn to forage?
My reading 7.5.4 indicates that the Prussian forces could not take part in
the siege and it would have no impact on their movement since they are not
a phasing force and only a phasing force may besiege a city after land combat.

The only issue I see is that to besiege the city after combat requires the
phasing force to have won the field or trivial combat.  I'm inclined to say
a withdrawal of the enemy completes that requirement since the withdrawal
is performed as if the withdrawing force has been defeated but none of the
other defeated conditions are followed so it is not clearly the case.