J.J. Young on Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:42:45 -0700 (MST)

[eia] I hope this isn't an omen...

It's interesting to me how similar the game situation has become to the historical time leading up to Austerlitz:
1.)  France giving up on a different campaign to march against Austria
2.)  the Russians rushing SW to help the Austrians
3.)  Prussia hanging back
4.)  an Austrian check near the Rhine

Of course there are important differences, mostly to the Coalition's favor:
1.)  Turkey is in the war
2.)  the British have landed on the French coast
3.)  Charles at Strasbourg hasn't done nearly as bad as Mack did at Ulm
4.)  the Austrians and Russians have linked up west of Vienna instead of already having lost it

Anyway, it just struck me as interesting.

-JJY