Kyle H on Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:09:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Round 3, Mantua retreat question...

    Sorry, Jim, but I think you are just misunderstanding the use of the
term 'phasing'.  In this game, 'phasing' just means that you are taking your
turn.  (Refer to the Glossary at the back of the rulebook.)  In this case,
the retreating corps is/was the attacking (i.e. phasing) corps.  And since
it was the allies' turn to move and resolve combats, their forces are
considered 'phasing' until they are done resolving their turn.  So, they are
still phasing when the siege attempt would be made (after field combats were
resolved).
    Another way of thinking about it: all of these attacks, retreats, and
sieges are taking place during the same 'land phase'.  Hence, a player is
considered to be 'phasing' while resolving his 'land phase'.

kdh