Joel Uckelman on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 07:27:00 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] [escrow] July 1806 Political Orders

Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> One could argue that since Napoleon's three corps passed through East and
> West Prussia and Masovia to get to Russia, access through those provinces to
> get back cannot be denied.
>
> I'm a little hazy on this, obviously.  For instance, if Napoleon marches
> south into Austria, must Prussia allow French access through those provinces
> for whenever Napoleon wants to "return" to France along the Baltic coast ?
> At what point is the return route access ended ?
>
> -JJY

I had thought that once access is revoked, it ends once you've left.
Once a corps moves out of a province to which it no longer has access,
it can't come back (unless it gets access again).

--
J.