Joel Uckelman on Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:50:51 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] which Brunswick have I captured?

Does anyone know which Brunswick the general in the game is supposed to
be? Charles William Ferdinand was killed fighting Davout at Auerstedt in
1806; his son Frederick William was also a general there, later led a
freikorps for Austria, and was killed at Quatre Bras in 1815.

My impression was that it was the elder Brunswick, and that his low
tactical rating was due to the fact warfare had changed since the
Seven Years War, but he hadn't---but now that I see that his son was
also a general of some note, I'm not so sure.

--
J.