Joel Uckelman on Mon, 5 Jun 2006 01:23:20 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [eia] status, April 1806

Thus spake "Kyle H":
>     I'm confused about why the Venetian fleet is currently on the board.
> 11.2.2.2 reads, "When the Kingdom of Italy is created the controlling major
> power gets the Venetia fleet counter and its current number of ships.  This
> fleet and ships are *not* available to the major power controlling Venetia
> unless that major power *also* controls the Kingdom of Italy."  (The
> emphasis is in the original text.)
>     So, since Austria cannot have created the Kingdom of Italy (since it
> lacks Papacy and Lombardy), it should not be in possession of the Venetia
> fleet.
>
> kdh

It's not on the board, so far as I know.

I'm keeping track of minors on the card with numbers of the same color
as the controlling power. The Venetian fleet is marked with a grey
number, indicating that no major power controls it (yet we still have to
note that it has 1 ship, the same as a navy of a conquered minor).

--
J.