James Helle on Tue, 2 May 2006 08:42:37 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French Land Phase

This caught me by surprise too, but seems perfectly legal within the wording
of the rules.  I am inclined to believe 10.6.2 doesn't apply because Soult
didn't move and 10.6 was not violated because Soult was never "unstacked".

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
J.J. Young
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:11 AM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] French Land Phase

> 10.6.2: Leaders may move by spending their entire movement with a corps
> (fleet for NELSON) with which they began the Land or Naval Movement Step.

This seems clear to me.  You look at the map at the start of your land
phase, and the leader must stay with one of the corps he is stacked with at
that time.  I think that if we were supposed to consider the corps "with
which the leader began its movement" then 10.6.2 would say so.  What it does
say seems different and explicit.

-JJY