James Helle on Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:00:42 +0100 (CET)

RE: [eia] Prussian Breach at Copenhagen

Once a breach occurs the besieged party must be given the option to
surrender, request "Honors of War" or declare that they will fight.  This is
found in 7.5.4.1.2.3.1 through 7.5.4.1.2.3.3.  The purpose of surrendering
is so that captured factors can be returned when peace is made and to deny
the besieger political points.

Seventeen factors on table 5-1 could inflict only 3 casualties and only .9
morale loss if you roll three 1's, so winnig this particular assault is not
automatic.  Rolling three 1's is unlikely, but I've seen it happen!

You must hold a minor country for one month before it actually becomes yours
per [7.7] The Conquest Step, meaning you must maintain uninterrupted control
of it until the _end_ of June.  Then in July you could declare it a free
country, doubling its money and manpower values.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
MALabbett@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 3:34 PM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] Prussian Breach at Copenhagen

Gentlemen

Please forgive me if I have this wrong, but I think that have established a
breach at Copenhagen

My corps has 13 inf and 4 cav so I think any dieroll is irrelevant and so I
capture Copenhagen?

On a future note, I intend to turn Denmark into a Free State at the first
opportunity, would that be in the June Political phase?

Cheers

Mark