Michael Gorman on Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:55:22 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] 2nd Battle of the Forth, Coalition roll

At 12:31 PM 3/14/2006, you wrote:
Gah, I forgot to get rid of the second die roll.  Actually, I think this
combat is treated as an attack by my side (but check me on this), so I have to
beat your casualties to win.

17 French-controlled X 25 % = 4 losses
19 - 4 = 15 remaining Coalition
15 X 25% = 4 losses

So assuming that I understand the rules correctly, our fleets are scuttled, my
army is destroyed, and my leader may or may not be captured.

I guess it's going to be a long campaign.

-JJY
You are correct. I hadn't realized I won ties. That's in 6.2.6.1 for anyone else who didn't know about that rule I am now a big fan of.

So the battle is worth 3 points for France, -2 for Russia and -1 for the British. The scuttling costs Russia another 2 and Britain another 1.

The corps are destroyed and Bagraton is captured.  Found that in 6.2.5.3.

My losses should be 2 for the Dutch, one for the Swedes and one for the Danes. Leaving their forces at:

Sweden: 4 Ships
Holland: 7 Ships
Denmark: 2 Ships

Mike