Joel Uckelman on Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:30:55 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] French Economic Phase

Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> At 11:36 AM 11/28/2005, you wrote:
> >Don't forget that with the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies split, neither Naples
> >nor Sicily gets to double its money and manpower.
> >
> >-JJY
> Huh, that's weird.  I wonder why they aren't treated as normal free states
> under that rule.  So Naples gets half of what I thought it did.

I believe that it has something to do with spliting a pre-existing state.
Having Naples and Sicily with different governments probably screws up
their economies somthing fierce.

> Makes Sicily almost useless as it can't even afford to pay the upkeep on
> its fleet without a subsidy if the fleet is at sea.

On the other hand, it is a free fleet. :)

--
J.