J.J. Young on Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Russian land phase, 1/05

Depots cost $1 each to build.  January is a Winter month, so supply costs
are doubled and forage rolls are at -2.

The corps that moves to besiege Abo is 3 spaces away from my nearest depot W
of Viborg.  That makes a cost of $3 X 2 = $6.

The corps that moves to attack Sveaborg is 1 space away from the same depot,
costing $1 X 2 = $2.

Since the Naples fleet blockaded my sea supply source at Corfu, I fed the
corps landing at Ajaccio by building a depot in Sardinia (which I control
until Spain conquers it) for $1.  This depot is 2 spaces away, via the
crossing arrow, from Ajaccio so that corps costs $2 X 2 = $4.

The I corps holding at Riga is in the same space as a depot, and so costs
$0.5 X 2 = $1.

The Cav corps at Riga (which has a forage value of 3)uses its unused
movement points to forage there.  (Forage value 3) + (5 unused movement
points) - (2 for winter) + (1 for foraging in friendly territory) = a forage
roll of 6 or less, which is automatically successful.

-JJY