Michael Gorman on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:00:09 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Sterling ?

At 11:40 PM 7/27/2005, you wrote:
Thus spake "J.J. Young":
> Joel, did you see Sterling tonight ?  Do you think it's worthwhile to wait
> longer for him, or should we assume that he's unable or not interested in
> playing ?
>
> -JJY

Nope, no Sterling. I can't remember now whether he said he was going on
vacation or not, which is sort of embarrassing.
We could ask Everett if he wants to play. Things went a lot more smoothly in the rules and escrow stuff last game.

I suspect he would want to amend the escrow to allow amendments to those portions that are not required to be performed simultaneously, like combined movement and alliances to avoid issues of someone simply forgetting to enter the right portion or not getting time to amend an order before the last person sends in an answer.

I think the escrow was the main rules area he was really bothered by and if we are willing to view the second escrow more as a mechanism to keep people from forgetting to send in their orders than as a straight jacket, he'd probably be willing to give it another go.