Kyle H on Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:58:34 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Turkish/Russian repatriation summary

> >     Rhodes garrison (1i) =3D> Damascus (because Acre and Jaffa are =
> > full).
> >     Corfu garrison (1i) =3D> Damascus (because Acre and Jaffa are full).
>
> Tripoli is closer, so both the Rhodes and Corfu garrisons go to Tripoli.

    Tripoli is not closer by my count.  For instance, from Rhodes, the
garrison would have to travel 2 sea spaces to the port of Acre and then 3
land spaces (including Acre) to get to Tripoli.  To get to Damascus, it
would travel the same 2 sea spaces and then only 2 land spaces.  Of course,
the same principle of reasoning would apply to the Corfu garrison as well.
Maybe you were thinking that Tripoli was a port city?

    I'll trust your numbers for the POWs.

kdh