jjy on Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:43:24 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] spanish land phase, Aug 06

The first part of your land phase is when you remove any depots you no longer
want, and pay to place new depots for $1 each.

During this first part, you will build a depot to feed your corps landing at
Alexandria.  Outside of your own territories, you can only build depots in
places where you have a corps or fleet.  So you will have to spend $1 to build
a depot with one or the other of your fleets.  A depot placed with a fleet is
called an _invasion_supply_depot_, and will be removed if the fleet moves.

Then your corps will land at Alexandria.  They have to either forage (which it
seems you don't want to do) or use paid supply from the invasion depot.  This
costs $1 per corps.  So your orders cost Spain a total of $3.

I don't remember offhand if Alexandria has a garrison or not; I assume it
does.  If I'm right, then your corps will have to lay siege to capture the
city.  The besieger rolls one die, and if the result is high enough the
defender must choose to either surrender or fight an assault battle.

-JJY