Joel Uckelman on Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:40:24 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] reinforcement question

I've been trying to determine whether it is legal for me to place a corps
at Corfu. 5.2.1.2 permits a new corps to be placed with any unbesieged
friendly corps. What I'm uncertain about is whether the Spanish corps there
counts as friendly. I can't find a definition of "friendly" in the rules.
Are "friendly" corps just the corps I control? I.e., the rules are driving
at the distinction between my corps and corps belonging to my minor allies,
e.g., Austrian corps are "friendly" corps for the Bavarians? (If so, why
didn't they say "controlled", which is clearer?) Or are my allies' corps also
"friendly"? They're neither enemy nor neutral, so...?