Joel Uckelman on Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:59:20 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Spanish Land Phase for 2/06 -- take two

Thus spake Sterling Wight:
> J.J Young helpfully pointed out some of my errors, the most important
> being that foraging uses the worst place you more through, not your
> destination. Damn!
>
> He has a map disagreement with me (my map is from Joel). He has a depot
> for me at Barcelona, and none at Cartagena, while I have it reversed.
> It won't matter, though, because I'll build the extra depot at whatever
> one is missing.
>
> Revised (and more expensive) orders:
>
> create depot at Cuidad-Rodrigo
> create depot at Barcelona (or Cartegena)
>

> I San Sebastian -> Barcelona (depot supply = $1)
> I Madrid -> Cartegena (depot supply = $1)
> I Cuidad-Rodrigo sit (depot supply = $1)
> I Cadiz (two units + Blake) sit (forage: forage value 4, -2 for winter,
> -1
> for two corps in the same area, +1 for friendly territory, +3 unused
> movement points = 5-)
>
> total cost = 2 depot + 3 supply = 5
>

> how much winter do they really get in Cadiz???

None.

	Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
High 	 61  62  64  66  71  76  81  82  79  71  66  62
Low 	 52  52  54  56  60  64  68  69  68  62  57  54

Since the average low in January is 52F, I doubt that it ever freezes there. However, there probably aren't as many crops to steal around Cadiz in winter, hence the foraging penalty.

--
J.