D Mount on Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:52:44 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] British naval phase, 1/06 (part I)

The Portugese fleet will attempt an interception but the Spanish fleet does not.
-Danny

"J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the interest of getting things moving, I'm sending out the orders for my fleets in the Mediterranean theater, so Danny can respond to more things at once and we can avoid some of the email tag. I realize that this will give Spain more information on which to base their decisions whether or not to attempt interceptions, and I do not object. I am reserving the orders for the British IV and VI fleets until seeing if and where the Spanish will attempt interceptions. These two fleets are too far away from Tripoli to be affected by the outcome of the battle there.

I, II (w/ Nelson): attack the Spanish fleets at Tripoli

III: sea area off Cadiz ---> Tangier

V (w/ Swedish, Cavalry, & 1 I corps, and Wellington): Naples ---> sea area off Cadiz
VII: Gibraltar ---> English Channel

Sweden: Cadiz blockade box ---> sea area off Cadiz

Does the Spanish I fleet wish to attempt interception of the Swedish fleet (along with the British V fleet, which is in the same area) ?

-JJY