JOEL DAVID UCKELMAN on Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:45:23 -0500 (CDT)

down until 19 September

I was finally able to talk with someone at SBC who could fix the problem. They say they have to send a tech out---which is ridiculous, there's nothing that a tech could possibly do at my appartment to fix this---and can't do it until 19 September.

I am livid. It is obscene that they can't correct their mistake without doing another install and leaving us without service for another 11 days.

I will be looking into some alternate arrangement in the future, either co-locating charybdis or switching to another DSL provider. SBC has demonstrated that they are systematically incompetent, incapable of doing even the most basic things properly.

I appologize for the inconvenience this causes everyone; believe me, I feel it.