D Mount on Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:01:09 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] obscure rules questions

I agree with Jim on both of these issues.
-D

James Helle <jhelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1) Yes, I believe that since British corps are considered friendly for this
purpose that a minor country corps could be placed outside its' home nation.
However, it would have to have a supply source located in its' home nation
(5.2.2.2.3.1) and be able to trace supply to its destination using sea
supply, but not invasion supply (5.2.2.2.3.4). That is, unless someone else
finds a relevant rule that I didn't find that states this cannot be done.

2) No, I do not believe this is legal. The rule refered to by JJ is only
in effect if Naples and Sicily are controlled by two different major powers.
Per 11.7, these are treated as one multi- district minor country. Even if
conquered seperately, I believe they would revert to one minor country as
soon as one major power gains control of both.

JRH