Joel Uckelman on Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:48:29 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] dice roller

As suggested, I worked up a clone of the dice roller we've been using. It
works just like the one at dice@xxxxxxx, except that it doesn't send a copy
of the rolls to the requester unless the requester is listed explicitly as
a recipient (getting two copies of my rolls has always annoyed me).

To use it, send requests for rolls to dice@xxxxxxxxxx It should return
results to the list almost instantly, since the roller and the list are
hosted on the same machine.

The only thing lacking right now is good error handling---please don't do
things like request a million rolls of a million one-million-sided-dice
just yet---but it can handle anything we're likely to need in this game.

--
J.