Michael Gorman on Fri, 28 May 2004 15:39:20 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] French leaders

At 08:40 AM 5/28/2004 -0400, you wrote:
It seems like we need a consensus on whether the French leaders can participate in the Christiana battle or not before Mike can proceed with his land phase. So far it seems like myself and possibly JJ and Kyle are in support of using them with Mike opposed. If anyone else has an opinion please feel free to express it.
JRH

As this will be rather a precedent setting decision some other things that will be allowed if leaders can fight nations whom they are not at war with are things like renting out your generals. Napoleon can go lead the Spanish or Turkish army if he wants for a while since all he would have to do is start out a turn in the same space as one of their corps and then move with them. The leader movement does not require that the corps the leader moves with be one of his own. We're declaring that leaders are not linked to their home nation and they can freely participate as mercenaries in wars without it having any implications for their home nation.

This seems very strange to me but if everyone wants to play it that way then I'm going to have to start negotiating the rental of some French officers.

Mike