James Helle on Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:09:17 -0500 (CDT)

[eia] retreat rules settled

    Hi everyone.  I want to point out that our discussion regarding retreat
rules had gotten off course.  The question JJ initially brought up is "can a
retreating (withdrawing) corps with two equidistant spaces from a depot
retreat into an enemy occupied area if an open area is also available"?
However, what we have been discussing is whether a corps should retreat
towards a depot or a capital.  JJ and I talked on the phone earlier today
and I we agree that the rules do *not* prevent retreating towards an enemy
corps (silly as it sounds) and the Wurttemburg corps will move to LeHavre
instead of Stuttgart.  You should see a siege roll coming soon from JJ for
the siege on LeHavre.
    I still think the withdrawal rules should be tweaked to prevent
retreating *towards* the enemy.  However, as Kyle stated earlier it is not
fair to do this in the middle of a move.
    As soon as we receive JJ's siege results (and possibly a brief naval
battle) January will finally be over.  (I say finally, but with every nation
at war with someone I think it went exceptionally quick.  Kudos, everyone)!