Joel Uckelman on Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:40:27 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] Austrian Land Phase - Jan '05

Thus spake "Nate Ellefson":
> Salzburg:
> 1 IC --> Munich, drop 1I --> Salzburg
> 2 IC, 1C -- Remain
> All corps supplied from the depot.  Total cost: $4
>
> Manuta:
> 1C --> Bologna, drop 1I --> clear space between Bologna and Ancona
>     Forage: 5+3 unused movement-2 winter = 6 -- foraging automatically
> successful
> 1I -- Remain
>     Forage: 6+3 unused movement-2 winter  = 7, no roll
>
> All other corps remain stationary and forage:
> 1I at Vienna -- 4 + 3 unused movement - 2 winter + 1 home = 6, no roll
> 1C between Vienna and Ofen -- 4 + 5 - 2 + 1 = 8, no roll
> 1I at Ofen -- 4 + 3 - 2 + 1 = 6, no roll
> 1I S of Lemberg -- 4 + 3 - 2 + 1 = 6, no roll
>
> Total expenditure -- $4
>
> Could someone give me a quick audit and make sure that I've done
> everything alright?  My intent in Romagna was to sieze Bologna so that
> I'll take control of the country next turn -- I want to make sure that's
> what I did.
>
> Nate

So long as you're occupying Bologna at all times during February, you'll conquer Romagna at the end of the month if it isn't besieged at that time. (The same goes for Munich and Bavaria, respectively.) Your garrison is sufficient to do that.

--
J.