James Helle on Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:30:36 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [eia] British naval phase, 1/05 (part 4)

The French fleet has only one ship.  Therefore it is destroyed and (if I am
reading the combat table correctly) it can do no damage to the British.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
J.J. Young
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 5:20 AM
To: eia@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eia] British naval phase, 1/05 (part 4)

III:  sea space off Yarmouth ---> blockade Amsterdam
II (w/ I corps):  London ---> sea space off Yarmouth
V:  blockade St. Malo
VII:  blockade La Rochelle
I (w/ Nelson):  English Channel ---> attack French I fleet at Lorient

This results in one naval battle at Lorient.  Since there is no garrison or
corps to man the guns there, the harbor defenses are not used.  When
attacking a port, the phasing player automatically gets the wind guage
(6.3.3.3).

The British I fleet contains 30 men-o'-war.  How many ships are in the
French I fleet ?

-JJY