CPS - Personal on Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:06:59 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] issues to be addressed

I am considering changing my vote,but I have one question first.  Does the
wording allow a violated power to declare war on the intruder even if under a
restricted peace ?  I realize there may be other reasons why the offended party
could not declare war, such as having enemies inside the homenation, etc.  But
I do not approve of the rule if a restricted peace allows someone to tramp
through another's territory without threat of war.  I know the PP cost would be
a deterent anyway,but the possibility of starting a war would be the "clincher"
that would make forcible access OK with me.

-JJY