Kyle H on Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:32:43 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] issues to be addressed

About Forcible Access, Mike wrote:
> A political point per space is hideously expensive.  I seriously doubt we
> will see it used much at all as anything other than a last resort.

    I think Mike has misunderstood the Forcible Access rule.  It is not 1 PP
per space, it is one PP per major power!  So, it is actually not that
expensive at all (especially if you don't plan to be there for too long).
Here's the full text.  (Take a close look at 10.3.4.2.)

kdh

10.3.4 FORCIBLE ACCESS [A]: If a major power is denied voluntary access or
denied desired access conditions, its land forces may still be moved into or
through desired areas by using "forcible access," as follows:

10.3.4.1 [A]: Forcible access operates under the same restrictions as access
through neutral minor countries (see 10.3.1.1).

10.3.4.2 [A]: A phasing major power loses one political point per Turn for
_each_ major power's territories in which forcible access is used.  _For
example, during a Turn, French counters are moved through some Bavarian and
Saxon areas using forcible access.  France loses one political points if
both
these minor countries are controlled by Prussia, but loses two political
points if Bavaria is Austrian-controlled and Saxony is Prussian-controlled_.

10.3.4.3 [A]: The major power controlling territory in which forcible access
occurs may, if desired, _immediately_ declare war and lose the requisite
political points for _each_ separate declaration on any or all of the major
powers using forcible access in its territory, unless prevented by
limitation
in 4.2.2.1.  This chance to declare war is repeated each time a counter
using
forcible access is moved.  If war is declared, allies may be called as in
4.3.