Joel Uckelman on Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:58:21 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] where do we go from here ?

Thus spake Jerald Jeffrey Young:
[snip]
> Here are some other options:
>
> 1.)  Find a new player for Austria (by far the most preferable).

I know two people who might be interested. Unfortunately, the one
who I think would be most interested is someone to whom I've said
quite a lot to about the game, so he knows what *I'm* up to,
specifically.

[snip]

1. If we find another player for Austria, do we really want to continue
from this point? Everett has had some awful luck, and so any replacement
would be inheriting an Austria for which it would require a miracle to
win, even with 8 years to catch up. This might make some potential
replacements reluctant.

2. The UMP rules are an admirable attempt to remedy an irremediable problem.
I think playing with less than a full number of players isn't worth it.

3. Everett, if you're still reading (I haven't taken you off the list yet,
I will when I get home tonight), I'd appreciate it if you would summarize
what has bothered you about the game of late. Is it correctable? How? Even
if there's no chance that you'd reconsider, maybe there are things we should
be doing (or not doing) anyway. What I'm getting at is that I'd like to
learn something from this to improve the experience, but I'm not clear on
what that something is.