J.J. Young on Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:34:23 -0600 (CST)

[eia] a question about trade

8.2.1.2.1.5 states that a major power with its national capital occupied may not conduct any form of trade.  In my opinion, this means that Great Britain need not make a "War of 1812" roll for denying American trade to Spain, since no trade can be attempted for me to deny in the first place.

Rule 12.9 states that "the British must make the die roll during any Money and Manpower Collection Step in which any major powers are denied American trade by Britain and/or by the B.6. peace condition.  Since neither of these causes is the reason why Spain cannot carry on American trade, in my opinion Britain need not make the roll.

What do the rest of you think ?

-JJY