Joel Uckelman on Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:15:09 -0600 (CST)

Re: [eia] Turkish Land Phase, December 1807

Thus spake "Kyle H":

> > 1I, Grand Vizier S of Nish -> Nish -> Nicopolis -> N of Nicopolis -> W of
> > Bucharest, burns depot (auto)
> >

> These orders had me puzzled for a while.  Then I realized that the Macedonia
> corps is not *burning* the depot, it is *consuming* the depot.  That's why
> it forages for free.
>
> Gotcha,
>
> kdh

I agree that it's confusing, since the other, more common situation in
which depots are burnt is one in which a garrison is burning its own depot
and so the enemy doesn't get supply from it. The rules call both "burning",
so I followed suit. I should have mentioned that that's what I was doing.

--
J.