James Helle on 11 Mar 2004 04:10:30 -0000

RE: [eia] [escrow] December 1807 Political Phase

    I, personally, don't think it's appropriate to change our political
orders after they've been revealed.  That is the purpose of the escrow, so
that one persons' orders are not influenced by another persons'.  Sorry, but
my vote is no changes.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Joel Uckelman
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 7:32 PM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] [escrow] December 1807 Political Phase

Thus spake Joel Uckelman:
> Thus spake Michael Gorman:
> > Looks like Britain, Austria and Prussia combine movement.
> > France offers informal peace to Prussia and is declined as Prussia
requires

> > a formal peace.
> > Turkey sues for peace and Russia demands unconditional surrender.
> > Prussia grants access to its allies for this month.
> >
> > I think that's all the new stuff for the month.
> >
> > Mike
>
> ARGH!!!!!!! I was intending to combine movement with all of my allies.
> I see now why the rest of you specify explicitly each step for the
> Political Phase, because it helps you remember to include everything.

Would anyone object if I combined movement with my allies this turn? Like I
said, I intend to work from a check list in the future (like the rest of you
do) so this never happens again. The amount of time between when I plan
things---many, many months in advance--and when I issue orders has resulted
in my making an embarrassing number of errors, since I've only been making
notes on things that I think aren't obvious at the time. It seemed obvious
to me then that I'd always want to combine movement until I'm at peace, and
so I didn't note it.

--
J.