Michael Gorman on 12 Feb 2004 04:06:52 -0000

[eia] Comparing things

I just gave the political point chart on the game's webpage a looking over now that Kyle pointed me to where the reading I couldn't find came from. And after looking at the two I have to agree with Joel that the reading on the chart appears to be a more detailed version of the rule as written in the body of the rules. The fact that it takes into account the possibility that a side may be of mixed major power nationality makes it far more specific than the way it is written in the rules. It most assuredly favors combined actions as it allows you to win more than you risk, but that does seem to be the intent of how the rule is written. Similarly it would mean that if your only contribution to a battle is a garrison you fight with no risk of losing political points but a full share of the points for winning. Of course, if you fight with just garrisons and lose, the garrison surrenders while the corps retreat so it's not something you want to do regularly.

Mike