Everett E. Proctor on 7 Feb 2004 15:18:00 -0000

Re: [eia] [escrow] Battle of Florence, October 1807

> I wish Everett and Joel could have entered their opinions about PPs for
> garrisons in a field combat before this point, so that it wouldn't look like
> Coalition aggrandizment if they agreed with my side.  But as I said, it
> wouldn't have affected my decision to have the Florence garrison in the
> battle.  In any case, though, the decision needs to be finalized
> immediately.

I don't have a strong preference for either way.  However, since there
are  some situations where factors outside of corp can gain PP (Seiges
of fortresses), I'd have to slightly side on the side that they do
gain/lose PP.

Also, while looking at the rules while trying to decide, I found
7.5.1.3: "After a combat . . .player's forces may . . . detach factors
to occupy . . . vacant city"  So, if Kyle wants to detach factors at
Turin, I say he should be able to.  (I probably would have still used my
unused movement for foraging and given up ability to siege anyway)

-Everett