Everett E. Proctor on 8 Dec 2003 00:23:01 -0000

Re: [eia] French land phase, 09/07

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:04:30 -0500
"J.J. Young" <jjy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The way I read 7.4.1.3.1 and 7.4.1.3.2,  the foraging loss must come
> > >from the corp as long as it has more than one factor, and can only be
> > >from things dropped off as garrisons if the loss would otherwise remove
> > the corp counter.
>
> Yes, but the foraging loss would actually come during the corps' move,
> regardless of the fact that we are stuck rolling all the forages at once
> after sending out our orders.  I for one, do not have a problem with a
> contingent order like this.

Foraging losses do not actually come *during* the corp's move, but after
it.:

7.4.1.3 . . . If possible, forage losses *must* come out of the factors
actually in the corps when movement is completed.
(emphasis their's)

To me, this means that the foraging losses can't be factors left as
garrisons.  (With 7.4.1.3.2 providing one exception to this).  I don't
see how the way we send in our foraging rolls affect this.

(Now, if you want to place a contingency on whether or not a
*previously* moved corp has losses, I am fine with that.)

-Everett