James Helle on 21 Aug 2003 22:59:39 -0000

RE: [eia] Prussian losses

I feel the *best* way to resolve this is to stick to my original land
orders.  The Polish infantry will move to Warsaw and forage at a 3-.  I had
made the comment regarding Danny's mistake in supplying troops that we all
have access to the rules and that Spain should have to stick to his original
movements and accept his foraging penalties and I will hold myself to that
same principle.  Nobody has grounds to dispute this as this was my original
movement which took place *before* France's movement and *before* the battle
at Vilna was resolved so no unfair advantage, real or imagined, is gained by
me.

-----Original Message-----
From: eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:eia-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
J.J. Young
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 8:03 PM
To: public list for an Empires in Arms game
Subject: Re: [eia] Prussian losses

Here's what I have to say on the matter; I understand Kyle's apprehension
about Jim's staying in Moscow after seeing France's land orders, but there
are lots of reasons for the Poland corps to stay in Berlin, rather than be
halfway between Warsaw and Berlin, once the error was discovered.  Most of
these reasons have nothing to do with declaring war on France next turn.  To
say that Prussia cannot declare war on France next turn for any reason, for
instance if Jim is called as an ally, seems to be going too far in the other
direction.

No offense, but it's too bad that the start of May has been delayed by
another day over something as small, and probably irrelevant, as this issue
seems to me.  With the result of the battle at Vilna, I would seriously
doubt that Prussia will take on another front.

Why don't we just say that if Prussia chooses to declare war on France in
his normal DOW escrow, then the Poland corps' movement in April will have to
have been towards Warsaw, either depot supplied 1 space west for an
additional $1, or force marched all the way to Warsaw.  As I said, I doubt
if it comes up anyway.

-JJY