Kyle H on 19 Aug 2003 22:13:38 -0000

Re: [eia] Dice server automated response

    Jim, we need to know what corps are present at the battle, what their
composition is, and what their total morale is.  Also, did you decide
whether you wanted to force march the Polish corps to Warsaw, or pay an
extra $1 and have them stop W. of Warsaw?

    Although Jim did not specify in his land orders, I assume that the
Polish Cavalry corps took the northern route to Vilna and thus did not cross
a river before entering combat.  (This means that Russia will not be on the
enhanced combat tables for Cordon.)  It is impossible for Prussia to have
cavalry superiority, but it is possible that Russia has it.  We'll have to
wait and see how many cavalry factors are contained in the Prussian force
before we know for sure.
    Because Kutusov is commanding 7 corps, his effective tactical rating is
"3".  Because Hohenloe is commanding 4 corps, his tactical rating remains
"2".  This means that Prussia will be rolling at -1, and Russia will be
rolling unmodified (unless Russia has cavalry superiority, in which case
Russia will be rolling at +1).

    But in the mean time, Prussia rolls a modified "0" on table 2-1.  This
results in no casualties and no morale damage.  Now we need to see Mike's
roll as well as his decision whether to commit the guard.  (And if Prussia's
guard corps is present, we will also need a decision from Jim whether
Prussia wishes to commit the guard.)

kdh