Kyle H on 4 Jun 2003 19:57:02 -0000

[eia] Prussian land phase error?

    Hi guys.  I think a minor error may have been made in the Prussian land orders.  Below is a copy of Prussia's April land orders:

LAND
1 I corps in Warsaw moves west 1 space beside Posen  (f/a)
1 I corps in Grodno holds  (f/a)
1 I corps in Wittenburg holds  (f/a)
1 I corps in Thorn holds  (f/a)
1 I corps north of Thorn holds  (f/a)
1 I corps in Kustrin moves to Wittenburg  (f/a)
Saxon corps moves to Erfurt , drops 7 Inf. garrison, returns to Dresden and absorbs that 7 Inf. garrison  (f/a)

According to these orders, there should be 2 Prussian corps in Wittenburg, one in Grodno, one in Thorn, one W. of Warsaw, and one N. of Thorn.  Now here are Prussia's May land orders:

LAND
Saxons -->Erfurt , drop 3 garrison (10 total), -->Dresden    {f/a}
1 I corps in Wittenburg -->Glogau  {f/a}
1 I corps in Wittenburg --> Breslau  {f/a}
1 I corps west of Warsaw -->Posen  {f/a}
1 I corps in Danzig --> north of Posen  {f/a}
1 I corps in Grodno --> Vilna  {f/a}
1 I corps in Thorn --> west of Warsaw  {f/a}

According to these orders, there is a Prussian corps starting in Danzig (that wasn't there at the end of April) and no corps starting N. of Thorn (that was there at the end of April).

    I'm assuming that what happened here is that Jim intended to move the corps N. of Thorn to Danzig last turn.  He forgot to do that and then forgot that he forgot.  :-)  So he thought he had a corps at Danzig when really he had a corps N. of Thorn.  The difference is that if the corps is N. of Thorn, then a forage roll will be required to get to N. of Posen.

    So Jim, was this indeed the mistake you made?  If so, since we allowed Turkey to go back and fix a similar mistake, I don't see why we wouldn't let you do the same.  (If anyone objects to this retro-active correction, please let us know.)

    Sorry for such a lengthy email about such a small mistake!

kdh