Michael Gorman on 11 May 2003 05:29:01 -0000

RE: [eia] Spanish Land Orders (12-05)

At 12:02 AM 5/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Would anyone object to letting me go back to put 1 garrison in Algiers?  My
intention was to conquer Algeria (ASAP).  I was not sure whether or not I
needed to leave troops in the city to finish the conquest next turn.  I
think in my over-anal mind, I wanted to consolidate my corps together for
some reason.  If not, I will wait til next month.

I guess this question is really for Mike.

-DEM
You don't need to do that to conquer it next month. You occupy the city by having uncontested control of the area. If you want to leave a garrison, you can just drop it off next reinforcement phase and it will have no impact on the conquering of the nation.

Mike