Michael Gorman on 7 May 2003 11:54:00 -0000

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase

At 09:33 PM 5/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I thought we had always used the worst-case senario (i.e, the enemy corps in
the area count whether they withdraw or not).  But I could be wrong.

-JJY
Yes, since a corps does not declare whether it will retire until after the supply phase. You have to decide if your forces will be prepared to lay siege or not before you know what defensive posture the defenders will take. Garrisons don't get the same ability.