Michael Gorman on 6 May 2003 20:29:01 -0000

Re: [eia] Russian Land Phase

At 04:25 PM 5/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
    Doesn't the forage value of the Algeria corps depend on Danny's
decision?  If Blake falls back into the city, then the Algeria corps must
expend all its movement besieging.  This leaves them at the printed forage
value for that area which is "3".  However, if Blake decides to fight, then
the forage value is 4.  (3 is the base, +2 for unused movement, -1 for
another corps in the area = 4.)

So we won't know whether the Algeria corps loses a factor to foraging until
we hear from Danny.

kdh

I have to decide if I will be able to lay siege or not upon ending my movement. So, since I took the forage value allowing me to siege, if the Spaniards fall back into the city, I can lay siege. If I chose to forage and use unused movement points, then if the Spaniards fell back I would not be able to siege the city.

Mike